Continuing their festive series, @eat_with_els delights us with these delicious cinnamon rolls. They’re spiced to perfection, iced for some sweetness oh and guess what? They’re vegan.
- 480ml plant milk
- 115g melted vegan butter
- 50g organic sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 690g strong bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 170g vegan butter
- 165g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
(Mix all together)
- 160g powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Start by microwaving the milk until warm, but not hot. Then add the melted butter, sugar, yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the flour and salt, mixing to form a dough.
3. Knead the dough for around 6 minutes, it’s a wet dough so you might need to add more flour. Then place into a lightly oiled bowl in a warm place for around 1-2 hours.
4. Once the dough has doubled in size roll until a 1cm thick. Then apply a generous layer of the cinnamon mixture and roll.
5. After cutting the rolls into rolls around 2-inch wide place together in a cake tray, cover with a cloth and let sit for at least 40 minutes.
6. Once the rolls have rested bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Once the cinnamon rolls have cooled down smother them with the vanilla icing and enjoy while listening to Christmas songs. You will not regret making these festive treats.