@eat_with_els is back with the first festive bake of the wintery season. Spiced to perfection, these easy vegan gingerbread biscuits will warm you on a cold winters night with flavours of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Doused in decorative icing, get creative with this recipe.
- 130g vegan butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 200g golden syrup
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 425g plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the golden syrup and mix again until combined.
- Add the spices, flour, and baking powder and mix until it forms a ball. At this point, I placed the dough in the fridge for a couple of hours to enhance flavour, this is optional.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to roll the dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Use the cookie cutters to cut out shapes and then place on a lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 6-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool for around half an hour. Mix the icing sugar with water. Add more water or icing sugar to get the consistency you want, then pipe on the icing.